Finding distilleries who would like a reading
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: the Internet is a wonderful thing.
After a bunch of googling, I’ve found 12 distilleries within a 45 minute drive of downtown Seattle. Some of them are in operation, some of them are starting up. But that seems like a good pool to start from.
Why would distilleries want to do this?
I have to figure this out so I can get them to do it.
They can bring people into their distillery for a fun evening of theater and liquor tasting. They can introduce people to their products, and win customers and loyal followers.
My goals for this project
- Get my play out there – let my brilliance shine!
- See my play in front of many different audiences, learn about it by seeing how people respond
- Get noticed by distillers’s conferences
- Earn some royalties
- Pay everyone involved
What the project needs
- Three or four distilleries to hold readings on Friday and Saturday, for three (or four) consecutive weekends
- Five actors
- A director
- Someone to read stage directions (the director?)
- Rehearsal space
- Simple costumes
- A few simple props (?)
- A budget
- Put together a budget
- Contact some directors
Am I forgetting anything?
… post a comment here and let me know.