We’re having our first rehearsal tonight for my reading on the 13th. I think I have whipped the script into good enough shape to get good comments from.
I’ve been working on creating the questions I want to ask. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- If you had to describe the play in one or two sentences, or even one or two words, what would you say?
- Who’s the main character? What does the main character want? Does the main character get what he or she wants? What stands in the way?
- Who’s the secondary character? (Same questions as for #2.)
- Why does Cathy become the tree? “Why” in a physical sense, spiritual sense, karmic sense, metaphysical sense – however you define “why.”
- What do you think Cathy and Paula’s lives will be like after the end of the play?
- What other feedback do you have?